Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Insights
Developer and User-Friendly Contextual Analytics
As your organization’s unstructured data skyrockets, insights become more critical than ever. You need to know what information you have, who is using it, how it can be more useful to those who need it—and what content can be eliminated to reduce risk and storage costs.
The new Alfresco Search and Insight Engine provides a modern, integrated analytics solution to meet this challenge, and lets you make better decisions based on real-time data. Gain insight into content, metadata, processes, and governance with developer and user-friendly contextual analytics, without the need for specialized business intelligence (BI) teams. Multi-server search index clustering including Solr sharding provides maximum search performance.
Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Insights Features
Alfresco Search and Insight Engine lets you gain the insights you need, faster, without BI teams and business analysts.
Developer-Friendly Contextual Analytics
While traditional analytics products require a complex process of extracting, transforming and loading data into a separate data warehouse system, the Alfresco approach is based on familiar technologies and existing skills
- No ETL (extract, transform, load) or data warehouse—easy to install and manage by Alfresco administrators, without a separate data warehouse system.
- SQL support and schema-less design—create custom reports without specialized BI teams or business analysts
- Fast and scalable with Solr 6—built on the highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant open source search platform Solr 6
User Friendly - Available to All
Knowledge workers gain real-time analytics for business-critical processes—without disconnect from “work in progress.”
- Content analytics—simple time series and full-text search term distribution analysis with SQL
- Fully supports custom metadata—based on the Solr indexes, so any custom metadata that is indexed can also be reported on
- Out of the box report builder—build your own or use pre-configured reports and dashboards
- Real-time reporting—tightly integrated into the Alfresco repository, allows users to analyze content and metadata in real time
- Fully supports permissions/ACLs—no risk of data leakage, compliant with Alfresco built-in security
Scale Search Performance Without Limits
Scale your search indexing and performance to handle billions of documents—with support for Solr Sharding.
- Multi-instance clustering—support increased index and query load compared with a single instance
- Solr sharding—search indexes are split across multiple indexes for massive performance improvement (a process known as sharding).
- Easy admin console configuration—the complete Solr configuration, including Solr sharding, can be handled from the Admin Console
- Increased security—SSL encryption of data flowing between shards and content repository
While ECM systems are designed to manage unstructured or semi-structured data like documents, business intelligence—such as analysis and reporting—can be applied to that information to collect and analyze information that can be useful to the enterprise.
Business intelligence and analytics software can help gather insights about your content and how it is used in your organization. For example:
- What is stored in your repository, how it is used, and who is using it
- What you can remove to free up space and reduce storage costs
- How you can better support your business with the information it needs to get work done
The traditional approach to insights often relies on a separate ECM repository and data warehouse for reporting. These are connected through an extract, transform, load (ETL) process. Some challenges with this approach include:
- Adding a whole set of architecture (data warehouse) also adds cost and complexity
- The ETL process requires setup and maintenance
- The data warehouse reporting schema requires a business analyst to interpret
The Alfresco Search and Insight Engine does not require a separate data warehouse solution. It is built on the highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant open source search platform Solr 6.